In order to participate in the study, individuals will be asked to provide informed consent. The list below details the items which we ask that each participant to initial and sign to confirm. This is to ensure that participants understand the research, the process by which it is run and how to get support if needed as detailed in the participant information.
- I confirm that I have read the information sheet and fully understand what is expected of me within this study.
- I confirm that I have had the opportunity to ask any questions and to have them answered.
- I understand that interviews will be audio recorded and may then made into an anonymised written transcript.
- I understand that I am not obliged to take part in this study and can withdraw at any time.
- I give consent for the research team to contact my care coordinator and / or my GP / other health professional in order to obtain risk-related information.
- I agree to my GP (and care coordinator where appropriate) being informed of my participation in this study.
- I understand that the information supplied by me during this study will be pooled with that of other participants’, anonymised and may be published in reports, conferences, training events and peer reviewed journals.
- I understand that any information I give will remain strictly confidential and anonymous unless it is thought that there is a risk of harm to myself or others, in which case the principal investigator may need to share this information.
- I consent to Lancaster University keeping my data obtained through this study for 20 years after the study has finished.
- I consent to take part in the above study.
If you have any questions about the process of informed consent, please contact us.